Business Developer Diagnostics & Services
Business Developer Diagnostics & Services
Microbe&Lab is a diagnostics company that develops and commercializes innovative tests for consumer and professional use. Microbe&Lab offers various laboratory and diagnostics services to various industry partners. We also have dedicated business-to-consumer labels such as Coronalab and Suresy with the ambition to become a European leader in at home testing.
Our high-end audits/tests are being developed, market and manufactured in Labs throughout the Netherlands. Get more insights on our organization, products and services via this link.
Over the last year, Microbe&Lab has grown exponentially towards a strong team of 80+ professionals with complementary backgrounds. We are now looking or a Business Developer Diagnostics & Services with a passion for life science and the competencies to create new business for the business unit Laboratory & Diagnostics. You will report to the Manager Business Development.
Do you see yourself working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment? And do you feel energized in our mission to make the world healthier because ‘we see what you should know’, than join Microbe & Lab.
How will you make impact?
The successful candidate will collaborate regularly with the sales team to develop strategic plans for a rapid introduction of new products and services and is always looking to acquire new business lines and increase revenue. You will reinforce customer’s presence by actively visiting existing customers and look to acquire new projects and generate new ideas.
You will also be responsible for regularly presenting the product offering at customer sites, and regular team collaboration with field service engineers, marketing specialists, support and laboratory scientists as well as sales& key accounts managers.
What will you do:
This role would suit someone with a strong customer focused and a business professional with a ‘hunter’ mentality looking to exceed targets and show strong resilience and adaptability facing challenges and difficult situations. You should be a confident business professional with a persuasive attitude and a self-motivated individual able to solve complex issues encountered within their business.
- Define strategy based on e.g., M&L Strategy, market trends and technological development. Ensuring (1) clear organizational direction on questions like ‘Where to play’ and How to Win’ and (2) solid build buy partner decisions including a focused business development strategy
- Develop and extend the M&L network
- Initiate and develop new partnerships.
- Translating customer and market insights into new product and services concepts that drive future growth of our preventative and diagnostic test portfolio.
- Be one of the B2B thought leaders fueling the different teams and organization at large with the latest insights, best practices and learnings
- Uses diagnostics skills, business acumen and marketing thought leadership to facilitate the dialogue on Marketing Maturity gap identification and prioritization of Marketing Capabilities
How will you get There?
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in business development within a diagnostic company or clinical research organization. The candidate possesses a background in life sciences such as biology/ chemistry/ diagnostics & medical or related studies in healthcare. You should be a strong and pro-active team player who can suggest innovative ideas across business to execute competitive business plans, capable to gather market information from the field and transfer their knowledge across business to reach personal as well as overall company objectives.
Besides that, you have:
- > 4 years of work experience in business development in the field of life science.
- Proven track record in managing relationships with senior stakeholders/ top management both inside and outside the company
- Background in strategy of large corporation
- A goal & result-oriented winner mentality
- Fluency in English and Dutch, both written and verbal
What we offer
- An innovative, fast-paced working environment
- New office at the IQuarters Campus (Rosalyn) in the midst of the health and life science hotspot in Amsterdam
- Competitive salary with a 13th month.
- Solid pension plan (ABP)
- Flexible work hours with work-from-home options
- Growth opportunities (personal development, internationalization)
- Commuter benefit / company car, laptop and phone